Sunday, January 12, 2014
DATING/LOVE: IT SEEM TO ME THAT SOME WOMAN
It seems to me that some women, truly believe that they are open, seeking, and attempting to find a committed relationship, though really they aren’t. These women want to believe this of themselves, maybe, because it is easier to make ill-fated attempts to find a relationship than to actually be in a relationship. It’s easier to hang out online, than to tackle whatever issues that may be keeping them from participating in a committed relationship. In my mind the women I am meeting are either ready, willing, and able to love, or they’re not. Despite what I’m realizing about the women on this site, I am encouraged by my own responses and reactions, which are different from what they were when I first tried online dating before I got married and now divorced. This time around I do not feel so emotionally vulnerable to the process. I find that I am getting much less invested in the 100-word-profiles that I like. I feel much less troubled by acknowledged incompatibility between a match and me. Most importantly, though, I have noticed that this time around, I have shifted my focus with respect to women I want to date. Before, I was open to and willing to “work with” a woman as long as she was a attractive. Happily, this time around my heart genuinely desires a woman who is kind and who shows this love by how she lives. This new confidence to be myself, means I’m growing, right? And if I am becoming healthier and more real, and if I am less willing to get stuck pursuing less healthy or compatible men, then, maybe, hopefully, God-willing, I’m on my way!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What I Learned About Billionaires at Jeff Bezos’s Private Retreat For the richest men on Earth, everything is free and nothing matters. By Noah Hawley
At the end of Paul Thomas Anderson’s 2007 movie, There Will Be Blood, Daniel Day-Lewis’s oil-baron character, old now and richer than Croesu...
TOP POST
-
Many alluring Italian, American, French and Spanish men all bluntly admit to preferring mature Chinese women – her personal experience and k...
-
A LETTER TO MY SOULMATE Dear Soulmate, I am sorry this is not a personalized letter for you, but I am tired of all the impos...
-
My Love, The reason I stay up thinking of you at two in the morning because holding in my heart memories is us, you turned me into an insomn...
-
The Market Has Spoken, and It Is Rigged By SIMON JOHNSON Simon Johnson is the Ronald A. Kurtz Professor of Entrepreneurship at the M.I.T. Sl...
-
Somewhere Out There, I don't know who you are. I don't know where you'll be traveling from when we finally meet. I don't kno...
-
Dear Soulmate Two lips meeting one another in the stream. Exchanging words no one could ever interpret.They are wet and dry, depending on ho...
-
I can teach you how to love me. If you take the time and truly want to know, I can teach you what each of my head tilts mean. I can teach ...
-
Can you fall in love with me, ? Can you love me for who I am now? Can you fall passionately in love with me in the raw, work-in-progre...
-
She whimpered in a passionate sigh, Her one true love was gone. She watched in horror as they buried him, And let out a mournful cry. She...
-
I love to hear stories about how and why people come into our lives. The adventure of chance meetings, serendipity, and what 2 people who a...
No comments:
Post a Comment